Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Tales of Happy Valley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Re::story: Tales of Happy Valley
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:15 am
I love this song! :heart: :hugs:

nanci2121
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:25 am
Nancy wrote:
I love this song! :heart: :hugs:

I find myself unsurprised by this revelation. I wonder why that is? :smilehap:

jobtwo
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:21 pm
here they go again :sickly:

http://jobtwo.simshost.com/runaway.wav

The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:48 pm
Yep! :winky:

nanci2121
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:49 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 81: Brain Food

Barry didn't like this notion of daddy going to work; nope, not at all! He spent the day mashing the square peg through the round hole, which was a little hard on the peg but great fun for the baby.

Then moment he heard his dad come in through the door, a Barry-shaped streak flew through the living room and into Greg's arms.

Greg and Barry

"How's our big boy been today?" Greg asked.

"A bit withdrawn, She said. "But that's probably just getting used to the newness of being back here and having you gone all day. He'll get used to it. He hasn't eaten much."

'What are you talking about?' Barry asked.

'As a matter of fact, we were talking about you,' She thought.

'Of course! Mommy, I'm hungry!'

'Good! I have something very special for you, Barry!'

'Radioactive milk?'

'Smart Milk,' Greg said. 'It's supercharged with docosahexanoic acid.'

'Huh?'

'It's a fatty acid that comprises twenty five percent of the weight of your brain. Just the thing for growing baby boys! Remember that. If someone calls you fathead, he's actually paying you a compliment!'

Barry's First Smart Milk

"Yayo! Yayo!"

'Don't call it yayo,' She thought. 'That would be dumb milk; stuff that only makes you think you're smart!'

'But I wasn't calling it yayo,' Barry thought. 'I was trying to say Smart Milk, but it didn't come out right!'

'That's OK,' Greg thought. 'We'll work on this talking thing later.'

'Hey, this is good stuff! But that's all I can eat right now. I have to use my diaper.'

'Oh no you don't!' She said.

Last edited by Greg on Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:00 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 82: Number One Critical Skill

As fast as Captain Hero, She whisked Barry to his nursery so that he could do his business where he was supposed to.

Remember that no matter how great a man may be, some time in his past, somebody had to potty-train him!

'Oh! Now I get it! Potty training means no more dirty diapers!'

'Yup! That's exactly the point!' She said. 'Just think of how much more comfortable you'll be!'

'You're appealing to my self-interest again.'

'I sure am!'

'This potty thing is pretty clever! Who invented it?'

'Um, we'll cover that later. It's your bedtime now.'

'Aw, mom!'

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:09 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 83: Bedtime for Our Hero

'Can I say goodnight to daddy before I got to sleep?'

'Of course you can,' She thought. 'Here he comes now!'

Greg says goodnight to Barry

'I learned so much today, daddy! I know how to make the blocks work the way I want, and I learned to count to, um, um, this many! And I learned to use the potty, and I explained the finer points of compressible fluid dynamics to Mr. Rabbit, and wrote a symphony for the xylophone, and... and... um... ummmmm...'

"Good night, my son," Greg whispered. "Have happy dreams."

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:23 am
Greg wrote:

I explained the finer points of compressible fluid dynamics to Mr. Rabbit,

ROFL!!!!!!!!

This is so cute!!!!!!!

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:08 am
Compressible fluid what-nows? I blame the school for teaching Pneumatics, leading to my utter confusion.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:43 am
Liss wrote:
Greg wrote:

I explained the finer points of compressible fluid dynamics to Mr. Rabbit,

ROFL!!!!!!!!

This is so cute!!!!!!!

:smilehap: It seemed to be a very Barry kind of thing!

Nihale199 wrote:
Compressible fluid what-nows? I blame the school for teaching Pneumatics, leading to my utter confusion.

Ah, you should have had Prof. Bond's Aerodynamics 212 class at the University of Illinois! Then it would all make sense! Or rather, it would make at least as much sense as the universe is obligated to make, which is approximately none.

Amusingly, just a few minutes after I wrote that, I started boning up on that very subject in anticipation of a job as a project manager on the International Space Station's air monitoring system. I'm hoping that works out. I had a lot of fun building a laboratory version of the air revitalization system for a commercial space station. It sucked power like crazy, but it worked!

As you can see, I'm basically a windbag. The only difference between me and other windbags is that I know from whence comes the wind.

Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:32 pm
Quote:
As you can see, I'm basically a windbag. The only difference between me and other windbags is that I know from whence comes the wind.

I'm not even going to touch that one!!! :excitestage:

nanci2121
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 84: Roundup at the Franks Ranch

While the events of the Bennett family were unfolding at Manse Orleans, more mischief was afoot at the other end of Franks Ranch road.

Frank Discussions at the Franks Ranch

One morning after a very formal breakfast, the three Franks brothers and their wives were discussing the conundrum that faced the family.

No, it wasn't that all the Franks brothers tend to collaborate on such important issues as buying gifts of lingerie for their wives. The ladies had long since become used to the peculiar ways of the Franks brothers and come to think of these things as some of their husbands' more endearing qualities.

(Besides, the Franks brothers' habits of collaborative gift-giving sometimes worked out quite nicely. Only one of the wives would have to drop subtle hints about what she wanted for Christmas and all of them would get it!)

Their problem was that all of them wanted to have large families; however, with the three couples all living together in the same house, they were severely limited in the business of making babies.

Tommy and Ophelia had already raised Tommy Jr. He was off at college with his cousin--Carl and Donna's son, Carl Jr. Then we have poor Bobby and Lorna, who have been pining away with the wish to have children since even before the family moved to Happy Valley from Strangetown!

There was just one thing to do--split up the happy family and build more homes down on Franks Ranch.

Tommy was the oldest of the three brothers so he would keep the family homestead. By sacrificing a couple of acres of prime crop land across the street, they would be able to build new homes for his two brothers.

(And, if nothing else good comes of it, building more houses gives them a reason to get those other two duplicate microwaves out of the storage shed.)

And so, with contracts let to the Pearl Construction Company, they divvied up their wordly goods and made plans for the Big Move.

Last edited by Greg on Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:39 pm; edited 3 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:53 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 85: Diaspora of the Frankses

Both Bobby and Lorna had to rush to work that morning. In addition to moving plans, it was a very important day for them. This was the day that Bobby would retire as an astronaut to take up a position as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; and Lorna was being promoted to a different Chief of Staff position, as the head doctor at the local hospital. (Let's make that lead doctor. She's an MD, not a pshrink.)

Carl and Donna Move Out

Carl and Donna, however had the day free. They were very eager to get settled in their new home, and even more eager to start making babies, so they were out the door even before Lorna's car had left for the hospital.

Bobby and Lorna Move Out

That night, still aglow from their promotions and reaching the top of their respective careers, Bobby and Lorna moved across the street.

Either couple could have just walked across the street, but neither wanted to forgo the traditional triumphant cab ride around the city. It's what all the kids did when they grew up and moved out, and with all the excitement, they were all feeling like kids again!

(The astute observor might note that it appears that Ophelia is still gadding about in her unmentionables. In fact, she is not. She is now wearing her swimsuit, which happens to be her favorite garment. She never goes anywhere without it. That her swimsuit appears to be indentical to her undies can be attributed to the fact that Tommy thinks she looks absolutely smashing in black. In fact, Lorna and Donna also have matching swimsuits, owing to a three-for-two sale at the local Aberfitchie and Crom department store.)

There is absolutely no truth the rumor that Tommy Franks had arranged to start a new business with Ben Stein, and even less truth to the allegation that the new business would be called Franks & Stein. In point of fact, Ben Stein wasn't at all interested in Tommy's idea for a new llama ranch, and opted instead for investing with science fiction writer Jerry Pournelle in a new line of cosmetics which they will call Ben and Jerry's Eyes Cream. Undaunted by being turned down by Ben, Tommy has decided to go ahead with his plan to manufacture llama jerky using his own secret recipe (red wine, soya sauce, and black pepper; but you don't know that), which he will call Gur Bits.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:35 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 86: The Eager Bride

"It's not fair!" Lorna said. "Ophelia got pregnant last night, and Donna just called to tell me that she got pregnant this morning! They're already ahead of me, and I want to have a baby!"

"But, I have to go to work!" Bobby said. "I can't miss the first day on my new job!"

Not to be refused, Lorna plastered herself against him and whispered in his ear. "Your ride isn't here yet, honey!" She set herself to the task of doing her best to convince her husband not to procrastinate in this endeavor.

"Here?" Bobby said. "On the front lawn? Hey, stop that! You're going to get grass stains! Erm... um... well... oh my!"

Inevitably, they were quite busy when a helicopter dropped out of the sky and landed on the street in front of their new home.

Coitus Helioruptus

Bobby was quite distracted at the time, and at first didn't even notice the helicopter. Then came the climactic moment (so to speak) when at least he was aware of the racket and looked over his shoulder to see the helicopter pilot sinking below the instrument panel in a fit of sniggering mirth.

He hurried off to work with his cheeks burning in nearly fatal embarrassment.

At least Lorna thought it was funny.

Bobby was not amused; however, Lorna, being Lorna, quite enjoyed the humor of it all. This would be something to tell her granddaughters about! That is, if she ever had any granddaughters. Having children seemed to be an important prerequisite to telling stories to granddaughters.

Lorna sees Bobby off to his first day on the new job

Not one to let the moment die, Lorna hurried to the front porch of her new home where she waved to Bobby while still clad in her undies, laughing uproariously all the while, as the helicopter lifted off and carried her husband to the military base. When the flying contraption had disappeared from view over the hills of Happy Valley, she went inside to try out her shiny new bathtub and see if she could do something about those grass stains.

(Lorna doesn't know it yet, but we are happy to report that their early morning emergency romp was most successful. Even while she was waving bye-bye to her husband those little wigglers were doing their part of the job, and Lorna is most assuredly knocked up.)

What really happened in the game: When I finished building and furnishing their new house, I saw that they had about 20 minutes before Bobby had to go to work. It was tight, but I decided to go for it. Since there wasn't time to have them run all the way to the bedroom I dropped a double bed on the front lawn and there, indeed, they did the deed. When the chimes heralded the pending birth of a new baby Franks, the sound of the helicopter filled in the music with the percussion section. The chopper pilot certainly got an eyeful, but they managed to finish their business before they corrupted the paper girl.

Last edited by Greg on Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:11 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 87: Franks Ranch Today

Franks Ranch after Bobby and Carl built their new homes

It all started with a modest little farmhouse out in the boonies.

:story: Tales of Happy Valley