Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Tales of Happy Valley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Re::story: Tales of Happy Valley
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:07 pm
Footnote: Today I updated the index in the first chapter of the Tales of Happy Valley.
That link is programmed to open in this window.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:01 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 65: Stretching the Moment

They Didn't Want It To End

With graduation came the stark reality that it was once again time to move back to town and resume their roles as responsible adults and pillars of the community.

It took several tries, but at last they made it out of their bedroom.

Erm... almost, anyhow.

Well, OK, but just once more!

Last edited by Greg on Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:23 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 66: Sufficient Motivation

Eventually it really did seem like it would be a good idea to make sure they had a family somewhere beyond the hallowed halls of their room at Manse Collegium. So they ventured forth.

The creatures were not yet stirring, so She took a last dip in the wonderful pool at Manse Collegium while Greg tidied up the place. Eventually the other denizens of the magnificent dorm began to crawl from their nocturnal hiding places.

Their Last Morning on Campus

The girls even got dressed for the occasion, at least in their own fashion. Penelope and Gloria reminisced with Her and Amanda in the dining room while Della and Alexander cornered Greg in the den.

"Hey dad! I heard they're doing a field trip to the military base tomorrow!" Alex said.

"Who? The kids at school?"

"Yup! Can I go? Please?"

That was the deciding factor. It was time to get Alex and Amanda back into school, and fast! "Of course you can," Greg said. "Tell you what. Let's take the chopper back to town and get you and your sister registered for school. Gloria can take care of having our things sent along this afternoon."

"Yippee!" Alex said. Then he called toward the group in the dining room. "Hey sis! We're going to see where Uncle Giles works!"

Amanda cheered. "Hooray! Mom, where are we going to live?"

"Back to Manse Orleans," She said, "at least at first. I have a new place under construction, but it's not ready yet."

Greg looked at Her, quizzically. "New place?"

"You'll see!"

'You'll like it, Dad!'

'Barry, what did I tell you about thinking at me?'

'Oops! Sorry! Goo la bloo lababa gurble.'

'You're supposed to be taking a nap!'

'I don't see why. I'll just fall asleep the moment the helicopter takes off anyhow.'

'Good point. Now if you'll kindly go back to baby mode and use your diaper, we can take care of that before we have to board the chopper!'

'I'm working on it dad! Be with you in just a minute!'

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:45 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 67: Farewell to the Ivory Tower

Wishing Them Good Luck Seemed Superfluous

As usual, farewells took much longer than Greg would have liked. Amanda just had to explain to Gloria that Uncle Giles was going to learn to fly spaceships just like Daddy used to do, and of course She had to hug and kiss all the kids goodbye. After all, they were going to be a whole twenty minutes away by helicopter!

But Greg understood. Sure, they could visit every day, but it just wasn't the same as living under the same roof with them. As they moved on, the character of Manse Collegium would change. It would still be their home away from home (after all, they still owned the joint) but it would never again be the same as the halcyon days when they were on campus as undergraduates.

Eventually, all were thoroughly smooched and squished and dressed--one in a nice, clean diaper--they were ready to board the helicopter. Only then did they learn that the pilot had downchecked the family flying machine because of a faulty hydraulic pump, and had called the military base for airlift assistance.

With the heliport occupied by the Bennetts' personal helicopter, the rugged military version had to land in a vacant lot across the street. So they all rushed to the front of the house, where they boarded the other helicopter.

There they discovered that Giles Edward had piloted the helicopter himself and flown over from the military base to pick them up. This special attention from the heroic figure of Uncle Giles was a special treat for the kids. After indulging the kids a moment of basking in the presence of He Who Would Fly Space Ships, they finally lifted off, bound for the familiar environs of Happy Valley.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:58 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 68: Return to the Manse, Triumphant

Return to Manse Orleans
If not exactly in style, certainly with a grand entrance!

And so, it came to pass that the Bennetts returned to their first, happy home in Happy Valley aboard one of the finest examples of military hardware the nation could produce.

Giles At The Controls

Alexander and Amanda were especially excited about coming back to the the home of their birth. Riding in jump seats in the back of the chopper was a unique thrill for them, if not so much for their parents.

That the helicopter was piloted by Uncle Giles, who had become a legend at least in the minds of their children, added to the enchantment. The flowers and shrubs blowing in the downwash, the neighbors screaming and cursing about the noise, all made for a most triumphant return to Manse Orleans!

Last edited by Greg on Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:32 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 69: Greg Grows Up (Again)

As soon as he walked into the house, Greg transitioned from his collegiate state back to adulthood.

What's with this clown suit?

And, of course, he was horrified by the silly garb he found himself wearing! Fortunately, a well-stocked chest of drawers was just around the corner so he need not suffer such indignity for long. She fared much better in her transition and found Herself wearing Her familiar blue dress. (As if the Gods of Fate would dare have it any other way!)

They were all very ready for breakfast after their early morning adventures, so while Greg got Barry settled into his old crib, She whipped up a batch of pancakes.

Breakfast at Manse Orleans: Greg, She, Alexander, and Amanda

Over breakfast they laid plans for getting the children back into school. Still glowing from Her own happy experiences on campus, She spoke of hoping that one day all three of Her children would one day graduate from Happy Valley University and resolved to make some necessary adjustments in the teaching staff of the local private school to help that goal along.

In their secret spousal code, Greg confessed to Her that his experience with Barry had inspired him to daydream about developing his Gift so that he, too, could be Captain Hero; but he didn't know beans about police work.

'So you've given up on denial as a way of life?' She asked.

'Barry makes denial rather difficult,' he thought. 'Besides, it sounds like fun!'

'Talk to your brother. I'll bet he can get you a job on the police force where you'll learn all the tricks of the trade.'

'Good idea! I'll call him as soon as I get the kids enrolled!'

Barry interrupted their private conversation. 'Does that mean you'll think to me now, dad?'

'Ah, so you have awakened from your nap, my son! Nope. You still have to learn to talk!'

'Aw, darn.'

'Potty training first!' She thought.

'Indeed!' Greg added.

'But I don't even know what a potty is!'

'You will, soon enough!'

Last edited by Greg on Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:52 am
Yay! Shiny newness! I take it everyone settled back into Manse Orleans without too much difficulty.

101 Ways to Prove Someone's in Denial: #26

A: "You're in denial."
B: "No, I'm not."
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:02 pm
Yup! Except for the fact that once they moved in, Manse Orleans was splitting at the seams! But that's getting ahead of the story.

That reminds me of a time in college when, one day before class, one of the more clever wags came into the classroom and told me, quite seriously, that he had been reading about people like me in his Psychology class and that I was defensive.

Of course, I didn't give him the satisfaction. Instead of the obvious, I replied, "I am? Oh my! Thank you for telling me that! What makes you think I'm defensive?"

And so, he hemmed and hawed and stumbled around, wallowing in embarrassment. lol

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:44 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 70: Mysterious Scotsman

Just as they were cleaning up the breakfast dishes, they heard the sound of a helicopter outside. Greg saw his cousin Giles get out of the chopper and met him on the front porch.

Greg greets Giles on the front porch.

"Home early?" Greg asked.

"Yup!" Giles said. "When I mentioned to my CO that you'd come back, he insisted that I take the day off to spend some time with my family. Hey, I'm not one to argue with that!"

"That's great! I haven't seen Frieda yet. We figured she must be sleeping in and didn't want to disturb her, so we've been trying to be quiet."

"Oh, good!" Giles said. "Let me get out of my uniform. Then I have a little surprise for you. I'll see if Frieda is awake while I'm up there."

'It's good that we haven't seen Frieda?' Greg wondered. 'What are they up to now?'

Last edited by Greg on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:15 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 71: The Revelation According to St. Giles

When he was changed, Giles called Greg over to a corner of the living room.

Giles Reveals Frieda's Little Secret

"I thought you'd better be prepared for when you see Frieda, cousin," Giles said. "She has changed a little bit since you last saw her."

"Uh oh!" Greg said. "Is she all right?"

"Oh, no worries! She's more than all right! She's positively glowing!"

"Glowing?" Greg said. "Do you mean-- Why, you son of a gun! Already?"

"More than already! She told me about it the night we met. We decided not to tell you because we didn't want to distract you from your studies, and we figured we'd be sitting in a Maxian time warp while you were away anyway."

"Now, wait a minute. If she told you about it the night you met, that means--"

"Right. I'm not the son of a gun here, cousin! You are!"

"Uh oh, the sequel!"

Premature Congratulations

"No worries!" Giles said. "It's all in the family! I'm planning to raise this one as if he--or she--were my own, but I thought you should know. And eventually we should tell the child. But for the time being, congratulations, again, daddy!"

"Well golly, Giles, I feel as if you're stuck cleaning up my messes--"

"Ah, not a word of it! Quite to the contrary! I am the benefactor of your bounty, my munificent cousin!"

"That's very kind of you--"

"Nope. Greedy. I've always wanted to have a family, and now I have a beautiful wife and a beautiful child on the way, all at once! And you've given me a home in this wonderful house in this delightful city! Life could not be fulfilling! You could not have bequeathed me a better gift, cousin!"

Nonplussed, Greg said, "You're definitely one of the family, Giles!"

"And that, my dear cousin, is yet another gift you've given me!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:10 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 72: The World According to She

While Giles was discussing Frieda's Little Secret with Greg, Frieda herself came padding downstairs in her pajamas. She was waiting for her. Blushing, Frieda hesitantly approached Her.

Frieda Confides in Her

"I didn't know you were home!" Frieda said. "I'm sorry I didn't meet you when you arrived. I was taking a nap!"

"That's good!" She said. "In your condition, get all the rest you can, when you can! Trust me! I am now an expert on this!"

"Well, so, surprise! Here I am! Um, we am. Are."

"You make a very pretty blushing bride, Frieda," She said. "And so beautifully pregnant! It looks like you're almost to the third trimester already!"

Frieda's blush deepened. "You know what they say about eager brides--"

"Oh, stop hedging," She said. "I know how that one got planted. And stop worrying! Worrying isn't good for you or for the baby."

Greg intruded on Her thoughts through their most private channel. 'You heard?'

'Of course I did! But I've known for a long time.'

'Aw darn. I'm sorry--'

'For what? Now you stop worrying, too. The only thing you could possibly apologize for is that you left my bed unmade. But that was a long time ago! It didn't annoy me then, and I'm not going to worry about it now! Besides, back then, I thought it was pretty neat!'

'Your bed? B'b'but, that was when you were a little girl! How could you have known--'

'I was young, not blind. Or dumb. Don't let the blonde hair fool you, big boy!'

'Oh golly. It must have been that night when you were playing chess with Ralphie and Frieda came over--'

She sent him a merry mental chuckle. 'And over, and over, and over! I'm not deaf, either!'

'Oops. Sorry!'

'Now, stop apologizing. You were a very vigorous teenager! Besides, if I hadn't wanted to listen, I wouldn't have!'

'But, what do we now?'

'We have a baby, silly! And this time Frieda has to do all the work!'

'Well, that's one way to look at it--'

'Greg--'

'Ma'am?'

'Go back into denial and stop worrying. I'm trying to pay attention to Frieda here.'

'Oh. OK.'

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:25 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 73: Welcome to the Family, Frieda!

While She was busily reassuring Her husband, Frieda was saying something.

"--so worried that you would be angry with me!"

'Here we go again!' She thought.

"There's nothing to be angry about," She said. "This is wonderful! We're going to have another baby!"

"You're not mad at me?"

"Not in the least. Well, except maybe a little peeved that you waited so long!"

"I didn't know what to do! He was just a teenager, and then you grew up and the two of you got so involved--"

She reassures Frieda

"See? I owe you one! You could have taken him away from me, and you didn't!"

"Well, it was obvious how you felt about him even when you were a little girl. It didn't seem right."

"And so you spent all that time brooding in a Maxian time warp. That's not good for you, Frieda. But now that's over. It will be all right now!"

"I was so worried. I just waited, wondering what to do and when to do it. Maybe waiting for the right guy--"

"Who has finally arrived!"

Frieda glanced at Giles with a dreamy look. "Yeah. He did. But what do we do now?"

'With any luck, this will be last time I'll have to deal with this!' She thought.

"It's obvious what we do now! We kiss!"

"Kiss?"

"Of course! You married my husband's cousin, which makes us almost sisters-in-law. And now we find out that we're sisters-in-love, too! So we kiss! C'mere, sis!"

Sisterhood, Sheba Style

When they came up for air, Frieda said, "Oh my!"

"Too much?"

"Well, it was more than sisterly!"

"Oops. I really only know two ways to kiss. One way is for children, parents, and parents-in-law, none of which you are. Sorry."

"Oh, no need to apologize! I liked it!"

"Feeling better now? You should be happy about having a baby!"

"I am! Really, I am! You're a great sister-in-love, She, and a great friend, too!"

'Indeed!'

'Back to denial, boy! It's really your strong suit!'

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:00 pm
Too bad the game doesn't support threesomes...or foursomes LOL

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:23 pm
It doesn't support polygamous or polyandrous relationships very well, but with the right set of cheats and hacks and mods, it is possible to do it.

Ref: I Support Two Wives (Isn't that big o' me?)

On the other hand, it would be neat if the game were really designed for this sort of thing. I'd like to see a lot more specific user preferences where you can explicitly say what you do and do not want to happen in your game. Some people enjoy things like Mrs. Crumplebottom, obnoxious criminal pranks, and felony crimes portrayed as humor in their game; I don't happen to be among them.

On the third hand, in this particular story, She wasn't trying to start an affair with Frieda. She was just being overtly affectionate.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:08 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 74: More Assurances

Even after Her most demonstrative reassurances, Frieda was still acting nervous.

Frieda worries about the family

"But what will he think?" she asked. "He'll be angry with me. I know he will."

"For what?"

"For not telling him. For getting pregnant in the first place."

"Harumph," She harumphed. "I'm sure he won't be upset about the second part of that. Yours is far from being the only woods colt that he sired during his foolish youthful adventures. As for not telling him, I'd say you've handled it more nobly than anyone else in town! You're in an exlusive sorority now, Frieda, even if you're the last to join! At least I think you're the last!"

"But--"

"If there were blame to be placed, we might turn to my Aunt Winona because she encouraged him--"

"Now that you mention it, it was Winona who suggested that I visit your place that night," Frieda said. "She had to work. And she did sort of, well, give me a hunting license for your boyfriend."

"--but there's no blame to be placed. Don't forget that I was still in grade school when this one happened. Aunt Winona probably should have taught him to wrap that rascal while she was teaching him other things, but then, if she had, we wouldn't have had so many wonderful babies! A baby is a happy thing. I wouldn't give up my nieces for a few social conventions! Your child will be well cared for and loved and protected by many, and need never want for anything. That's a much better setup than most people in the world have!"

"But don't you get jealous?"

"Of what? For one thing, he's been faithful to me ever since I was a teenager. Because he wants to be, not because I ever had to insist on it, and certainly not for lack of opportunity. But that doesn't mean he loves you any less. And for another thing, I've never felt obligated to feel something just because someone else expects me to."

"Really? You think he loves me? I mean, I'm really, honestly in love with Giles, but I get a warm feeling to think-- well, oh darn, I shouldn't say that to you--"

"Oh, now you're going to start worrying about that, too! Hang on a second, I'll show you something."

She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Honey! Come over here! I need you to do something!"

Last edited by Greg on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

:story: Tales of Happy Valley