Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Moving a family
Moving a family
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:27 am
How do you move a family from one neighborhood to another? I have two I would like to move from a premade neighborhood to the one I made.

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:40 am
You know, I've been wondering the same. I know how to move them "house to house" in the neighborhood, but not "neighborhood to neighborhood". = \

Hopefully someone will chime in with this info, as I'd really like to know. I've moved a family out and they've been in the "family bin" for awhile now and I want to play them again.

I thought if a family was in the "family bin" you could put them in any neighborhood, guess it doesn't work that way. confused

~*~ Carrot ~*~
How I have done it
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:42 pm
How I have done this is I put them in a house then press that upload button that packages them into a file. Your family then becomes an occupied lot. I double click that file to re-install the family in my game. Now open a new neighborhood and paste the occupied lot into the new neighborhood. Basically this way clones the family so they can be placed in a new neighborhood, allowing the originals to be deleted then.

It should be easier than this, I know.

-SCG
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:59 pm
Well, the way I had to do it last night was to move them into a house, move the house to the bin, go to the new neighborhood and put the house in there, then move the family out, and then put the house back into the bin. I had to do that 3 times in order to move the families I wanted to move. They did NOT make it that easy to do. Guess it just depends on how determined you are. hehe.

While they keep their family connections as long as the family stays together, they lose all other relationships (i.e. with neighbors, boy or girlfriends, etc.).

I moved Bianca Monty from Veronaville to my neighborhood and gave her a makeover. LOL!! Now the guys all like her and whistle whenever she walks by!

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:19 pm
Many Thanks you two for the tips . . . I'll have to give these ideas a try. =D

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:11 pm
to move a family to another neighborhood (i mean completely move them, their house and everything disappears)...you get the house how you want it, and put the WHOLE THING family and house into the houses and lots bin. That family will then be available in another neighborhood, along with their house.

If you want to keep your family in that neighborhood, AND put them in another, package them, then install them, and they will be in the houses and lots bin, under occupied houses.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Moving a family